You are the light of the world.The format of our update letter is a little bit different this month. Normally our prayer requests and praise reports are at the end of the letter, but this time we're putting them first. Please feel free to print them out and post them where you will be reminded to pray for our family and our ministry during the next month. We greatly covet your prayers!!!
A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
-- Matthew 5:14
Prayers and Praises:
- Praise God for a fruitful and refreshing visit to the States in March. We had a great visit with friends and family (although we didn't get to visit everyone we wanted to visit), and were able to touch bases with a couple of church families along the way. At the end of March, we said goodbye to another one of our kids as Seth set off on his way to Oregon. He is currently working at the Wildlife Safari in Winston, living with our pastor and praying about what God would have him do next.
- Pray for God's wisdom in our kids' lives as they make decisions daily. Pray that they would continue to "run the race to win the prize".
- Pray for the continued discipleship of men and women here in Las Glorias.
- Praise God for the two mission teams we have hosted during the past couple of months. Photos are included below of some of the things we accomplished. We really enjoyed both teams and were extremely encouraged by their visits.
- Praise God for the completion of a "palapa" on Joaquin's property (photos below). We have already been able to use it as a place for prayer and worship, and we pray that many more gatherings will be held there. This large, shaded area will also facilitate the building of Joaquin and Luz' house.
- Pray for their house! We recently got word that the Aguilar family was accepted into a government program which will give them a 2-bedroom house for about a tenth of the actual cost of the house. Through generous donations of supporters in California, we have raised the total amount of money necessary. Now, we only have to wait for the materials to arrive. Pray that the materials will arrive in a timely manner, that the weather will cooperate (no hurricanes until after the roof is poured!), and that God will be glorified in every step of this process! Lord willing, we'll begin construction in July.
- Pray for Doug, Jessee and Julio as they take a follow-up mission trip to places we visited in February further south in Mexico. They will be leaving May 14 and returning June 4.
- Pray specifically for a work that they desire to do near the city of Puebla. A young Christian brother there is fighting cancer and desires to have a house for his wife and small children. We have gathered some money to start construction and are praying that God will provide to finish the project. (If you'd like to get involved in this project financially, please send us an email, and we can give you more specifics.) Pray that God would be glorified in this project. Also, pray for healing for this young man (his name is Esteban). We know that we have a big God! Pray that God would shine in his life and in his family.
- On our trip south in February, God showed us the great need for workers in central Mexico. Pray with us as we look at supporting, training and networking with pastors and missionaries in areas where less than .5% of the population know Jesus. Again, let us know if you would like to give financially to this cause. We will be sending out more information as the plan develops.
- Praise God for you, our supporters. Without your support and prayers, none of what we are able to do in Mexico would be possible.THANK YOU!!
Before the team returned to Oregon, we were able to walk to the top of the hill on Joaquin's property to pray over the area. We were praying that God would supply the money and workers necessary to build a structure there very soon.