Monday morning, February 3, we will be embarking on a three-week mission to Southern Mexico. Our final destination is Veracruz, where we will be surveying the Coyutla Totonacos, an unreached people group in Central Veracruz. Please pray that God would give us wisdom as we look at the possibility of planting a church among them in the future.
Along the way, we will be stopping in several places to encourage the Church with outreaches and teaching times and service projects. These places include Quimichis, Nayarit; Union de San Antonia, Jalisco; Celaya, Queretaro; Coyutla, Veracruz and Minatitlan, Veracruz.
These are all missions or people whom we have connected with in one way or another during our eight years in Mexico, and we are excited about coming alongside them in their work and also reuniting in our common love of Christ Jesus.
Five members from our home church in Oregon, including our daughter Sarah, will be joining us 10 hours south of here in Guadalajara. We will also be bringing along four of the members of the Las Glorias fellowship. We are expecting big things from our amazing God on this three-week journey. Please be praying with us specifically from the prayer guide below. Thank you so much for your support and prayers for our family and our mission.
Mission team members and their families from Las Glorias and Guasave met to pray together at our house las Wednesday. Lupita shared with the team how God has miraculously healed a blocked artery.Pray for the Veracruz Mission Team:
- Mexico Team members: The Coult Family (Doug and Rebecca, Sarah, Jessee, Seth, Andrew and Evie), Julio and Lupita, Basilia, Kevin, Fabian and Pastor Misael
- Oregon Team members: Pastor David, Pastor Kevin, Gary and Bethany
- Many areas we will be going to have less than 1% evangelical Christians. Pray that God would help us find houses of peace among them.
- Pray that God would give physical strength for each team member. Lupita has had heart issues in the past, but has recently been (miraculously) given a clean bill of health. Pray that God would help her to walk in this new healing. Also, both Rebecca and Lupita are still struggling with a cough leftover from bad colds. Pray for continued healing in their bodies and that God would protect the team from illness.
- Pray for provision of physical needs: food, gas, no car problems, no travel issues, etc.
- Pray for Joaquin and Luz who will be staying in our house and heading up the ministry here in Las Glorias while we’re gone.
- Pray for spiritual discernment as each team member journals daily and asks God how He might want us to work long-term with the people we meet.
- Pray that if God wants to call specific team members to full-time missions, they would hear Him clearly.