O sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things!!! -- Psalm 98:1Monday night, shortly before midnight, a motorcycle roared into our driveway. It was our friend, Alfredo, who had come to borrow our pick-up truck. His wife was in labor and he needed to get her to the hospital right away. Tuesday morning we got a call from Alfredo's mom. "It's a boy!" He was born at 12:30 a.m. We praise God that we were able to help Alfredo and his family! Thank you, again, to those of you who participated in the purchase of our little Chevy pick-up. It's most definitely being used in the ministry here!!!
Life is busy as usual, but we wanted to take a moment to wish you a happy new year and tell you that we are praying for you; We are asking God to fulfill His will in your life in a greater way this year.
2012 was a year full of blessings for us here in Mexico. We have had the privilege of seeing God change lives through His word, His spirit and His provision. We have experienced a few changes this year as well. Our two oldest, Sarah and Caleb, are stepping out in God's calling on their lives. Sarah spent the latter part of 2012 at Tres Cruces Master's Bible School in Ensenada as she continued her pursuit of teaching/ministering in God's kingdom. As our ministry is expanding, we are praying towards her coming back to work with us in Sinaloa for a season. Caleb has also been pursuing a certification at Master's Bible School which he will be receiving in February. His plan is to travel to the States in March where he will begin the application process into a welding school in Butte County, California.
This year, we have taken on some new responsibilities with the Vida Nueva Church. Doug is now managing the mission facilities in Las Glorias and is heading up some new construction projects for the Vida Nueva Church in Alamito. Our friends and co-workers, the Petit family, have moved stateside for a season to raise funds for the churches and lead mission teams down to Mexico. Pray for them as they adjust to these changes in their lives as well.
One of our main projects in 2012 was hosting Master's Bible School. This school consists of three ten-day modules, of which we have completed two. God has been so faithful in providing for every need of the first two modules and in February, Lord willing, we will host the third. We are so grateful for the pastors and leaders who have received this training! We are praying that 30 will graduate from the school and receive their certification in February.
We continue to host weekly youth meetings and monthly youth events here at the "Aposento Alto" (Spanish for "Upper Room"). In December, nearly 100 youth attended our end-of-the-year youth outreach/pizza party. Continue to pray for these young people and for our family as we reach out to share Jesus' love with them!
Prayers and Praises:
- Pray for our children as they seek God's direction in their lives. Specifically pray for Sarah and Caleb as they begin to step out in faith on their own.
- Pray for God's provision in Module 3 of Master's Bible School. The cost of this module will be about $1300.
- Pray that all of the pastors and leaders will be able to return to finish the Bible school in February.
- Praise God for the new addition to our home fellowship -- Alfredo and Heidi's new baby!
- Praise God for the youth who are attending our weekly youth meetings, the men attending the weekly Bible study and baseball outreach, the women attending the weekly Bible study, and all of the families who are now attending our weekly fellowship time. God is growing His Church!